Tuesday, June 28, 2016

This Week I Became a Brasilera

Best companion ever.  I asked her to carry me and she said, "Hop on!"
I am officially a Brasiliera!! Partially because I went to a big scary building called Policia Federal and got my documentation saying I can legally be here, and secondly, I have stopped speaking English completely. I have been trying to cut it out ever since March, but something clicked Tuesday and I haven't looked back! Something else changed ever since Tuesday as well, which is harder to explain.

The Brazilian Meal, only $5 ☺
I have been loving Sao Paulo, but I have been so stressed every single day, and I think too often "just get through today." But once I decided to only speak the language, I showed Heavenly Father I am willing to give my whole heart, might, mind and strength to this work and something miraculously changed. An inner peace and energy has permeated my life, and I have never felt so fulfilled and joyful. Even though we are lucky to teach a lesson a day, and I feel like I "didn't accomplish anything" for the past week, I am so happy! I wake up excited, and I go to sleep saying "I gave my all." The purpose of this life is to align our will with God's, and when we put ourselves on the altar we will feel an inner peace and joy that we cannot receive in any other way. Life is suddenly simple and filled with light.

Beleza!
Woke up to this!
Brazil Highlights
1. No one can pronounce my last name, so I will be Sister Loogeelahng for the next 14 months :)

2. Jenna: everyone here wears socks and flip flops, your fashion statement has gone international!

3. I was with my absolute favorite person in the world, Irma Patricia, who is kind of like the Brazilian Ms. Frizzle. All of the clothing here has English written on it, so my dear sweet Irma was wearing a black hoodie stating "Hustle or Starve"-raining cash and sports cars. She didn't get why I was laughing so hard.

4. Heavenly Father always knows how to cheer me up. Whenever things are starting to get really hard, someone starts playing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and I can't help but laugh and realize that I need to relax and enjoy this incredible experience I am having.

5. I GOT YOUR PACKAGE IN 10 DAYS!!! I wasn't expecting a package until Christmas! There was so much love in that package, it made me so happy, thank you- thank you- thank you!

I love you all, and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. Have a great week!

Sister Loodgee

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU for your beautiful words, faith, and testimony! And, for the delicious photos! God is with till we meet again.
    Love Always, the Gibson Family

    ReplyDelete