Monday, July 18, 2016

A bit of a roller coaster

They call cartwheels "estrelas" (stars) here. Isn't Brazil beautiful?
Hellooooooo Family!

Night runs and New York pizza
Luz is doing AMAZING. I meant to mark some verses in Alma 32 for her, but I marked them in Alma 31, and they basically said "we thank thee God that we are better than our brethren," but she read it anyway! And said she learned! Some other missionary has got to have made that mistake before though, right? But Luz is so wonderful.

Something I struggle with here is that I feel like no one actually knows who Sister Ludlam is besides my companion, but Luz has taken a liking for me and loves to ask me questions. She helped me learn how to be myself even in Portuguese :) I think we are going to be friends for the rest of our lives. We are such kindred spirits. :) We don't have a date for her because she works on Sunday, but we know Heavenly Father will work something out for her. I love her!!
The Zone
We are reaping the rewards of our Chamado Ao Servir (Called to Serve)activity!! A family in the ward introduced us to their friend, "Evangelica."  During the first lesson, she accepted to be baptized August 7th and has been progressing so beautifully. We are going to go shopping with her today :)

I got the cute clothes for Camila's mom! It just got really cold again, and I got them just in time! Honestly, this is just an example of Brasilian culture for you. You say you're cold in your email to your mom in Jersey, then a ward member reads it and asks her mom to drop off clothes for me at the mission office. My district leader asked me who gave it to me, and I had to admit I didn't know! But I sure love her!  A huge Thank You to Camila's mama!

This mission sure isn't easy. It's a bit of a roller coaster, but I am so happy. How could I not be when I am declaring such a joyous message? Christ lives! His church has been restored in its fullness here on earth in the last days!
Love to all,
Sister Lewdlamb
Silvia's birthday


Winter tan lines

No comments:

Post a Comment