Monday, January 23, 2017

Helping Others Overcome the Enemy


Sisters in Pants!  Woo Hoo!

Hello All!

Mom has asked me many times to explain what I do as a Sister Leader, and I keep forgetting. SORRY!

RESPONSIBILITIES AS A SISTER LEADER

We care for the emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being of the sisters in our zone, Itaquaquecituba. three companionships :) We call our sisters a few times during the week to see how they are, and we do divisions (we split up with them for visits). They come to our area and I spend the day with one and Sister de Jesus with the other. We also participate in the Leadership Council of the mission which has the Sister Assitants to the President (APs), Elder APs, President and Sister Silcox, all the sister leaders and all the zone leaders. They give us a training and then we pass along the training to our zone

The sisters in our zone are such strong women, and they are the ones helping me, truthfully. There have been emergency hospital runs and assaults, but they JUST KEEP GOING! I love these Sisters. I will take a picture this week with them at the worldwide missionary training and send it next week.

We have a wonderful investigator named Rosa who is progressing to baptism (should've been yesterday but it'll probably be next week). Her testimony is so pure and filled with faith. I believe our friendship has an eternal foundation. She's 14, loves k-pop, lives with her sister and helps take care of her nieces and nephews, and has already planned her trip to New Jersey this winter. She's a hoot. I feel like the age 14 is when everyone starts to really ponder on questions of the soul. I received my own testimony at 14 years, Joseph Smith and Ruth too!!

This week we had interviews with President and I asked, "How can I be better?" He read Moroni 9:6.  "Now, my beloved [daughter], notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; 
for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation;
for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay,
 that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, 
and rest our souls in the kingdom of God." 

He said if you focus on helping OTHERS overcome the enemy, he will be defeated automatically in your own life. Sure, you can focus on how to improve yourself, but when you focus on others the progress is much, much quicker. It was such a good sting filled with love. I left that celestial classroom in the church room super excited. I love my President.


I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!

Sister Ludlam

Left:  Making "cookies" with the Rico Family and Rosana. Everybody asks me to teach them how! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment