Monday, February 13, 2017

A week in the life of...

Irma Gomes's First Day in Vila Virginia
 BOM DIA FRIENDS!

WOOOOOOO this week was different and filled with learning. The reason it was different was trying to get used to the new schedule (training a new sister), but every day something unplanned would throw our plans for a loop. I was SO PUMPED for this week and thought we would mark a ton of people for baptism, but sometimes the Lord has other plans in mind!

Tuesday was consumed by transfers because Sister Gomes's suitcase broke BUT WE SURVIVED! I was so impressed by her because when we got home we put her stuff down and I said, "I know you're hungry, let me warm up some left-over birthday cake," but she said, "No, Sister! Let's say a gratitude prayer!" We knelt down and she began to thank Him for every detail of the day. <3 Beautiful.

Wednesday our phone "died," so the plan was to borrow Irma Marcia's phone at lunch to call Elder Webster but when we got there Sister de Jesus called THEM and was worried sick because she thought we had never made it home because we didn't go to district meeting. Then Elder Marquina called and we explained what happened again. Elder Melo said we needed to come to the office to switch the phone because it wouldn't even turn on when connected to the charger, so almost the entire day was used up in that adventure. We did get to teach an investigator when we finally got home, so that was a blessing.

Thursday was consumed by trying to do Weekly Planning and some members found out we didn't have a working stove, so they tried to help us but it didn't work out and ate up the afternoon. The people in our ward are angels and treat as like daughters.

Friday we ate lunch with Bispo and had a meeting with him about all the things we wanted to do to get the Obra Missionaria moving in our ward.I was overcome with gratitude because Bispo Cesar (became Bishop a month ago) is incredibly spiritually guided and organized and studies Preach My Gospel to know what his role is in helping the Obra Missionaria.
Felipe and Ryan

Then we taught Veronica who has always been a little "mole," but Sister Gomes really followed the Spirit and helped her open up about her fears of baptism. I just sat and stared at Sister Gomes as she said the most inspired, powerful things. It was divine. On our way to the next appointment, she started having really intense stomach pains. Very, very scary. She was out of commission for about the next 24 hours.

Saturday and Sunday we are able to make some visits, so that was good too :)

Things I Love About Sister Gomes:
1. She loves UNCONDITIONALLY. She is putting her arm around me and being the sweetest thing.
2. She talks to EVERYONE. She does contacts with everyone, and it is such a good example to me.
3. She is helping me live the law of consecration and share everything I have with her (hahahaha!)
4. She is SO GOOD AT COMMUNICATING! I have never had a companion who just says what she is feeling! It is so refreshing and I feel so relaxed that I don't have to think, "Uh oh, what's bothering her?" or "What did I do that annoyed her?" I feel like we are true sisters, irmas na carne!
5. Her testimony is so powerful, I already know many reasons why she was sent to this area, many of our investigators need her!

Hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Irma Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment