Monday, February 6, 2017

Mission on Fire

I will stay in Vila Virginia (hallelujah!) and train a new sister! I don't know anything about her yet, just that she is not American. Sister de Jesus is being transferred to another area to finish the training of a new sister.

I am so so so unbelievably excited to meet my new companion tomorrow, woohoo! She is a lucky duck because she is going to start out her mission on FIRE because Vila Virginia is just over-flowing with miracles. Rosana received the Gift of the Holy Ghost this week. We fasted for the 17 investigators who said they would come to church would actually make it...and it didn't exactly work out how we wanted it to. IT WORKED OUT EVEN BETTER!

 We ran into couple from the ward the day their cousin moved in with them. We taught him the Restoration,  and he wants to be baptized and has already received an answer. His name is Felipe (I am sensing a trend with this name..it is the name of ELEITOS). I AM SO EXCITED! This week I have just been on cloud 9, I have never felt such a constant and profound peace and joy in my life. I was especially grateful to take the sacrament on my 20th birthday. I saw a little bit into the heavens as I thought about the last 20 years and felt so CLEAN. I have a perfectly clean slate for the future in my life! I get to do it again next week too, woohoo! Oh, how perfect is Heavenly Father's plan for us!
I received 2 packages this week, one from the fam with a ton of little cards from Grant's wedding guests which was honestly the best thing I could've asked for for my birthday <3. THANK YOU FAMILY!

Sister Gines also sent me a honkin' box, jam-packed with love and carinho. I felt like it was my birthday and Christmas and all things wonderful at the same time <3 THANK YOU KELSIE GINES!

Thank you to all who wished me a happy birthday, and sorry I can't respond to much this week :( BUT I WILL!
The Big 2-0.  No more a teenager!

I want to bear my testimony that I know we are children of a Heavenly Father who loves us. We are here on earth to learn and grow and become more like Him. And it just incredible to me that that is possible, because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's kingdom here on earth, with all of the truths and principles we need to one day return to Him. If we obey His commandments and the counsels of our modern-day prophets, we will have eternal life, or life with God. THAT is the fullness of joy we seek.

Have a wonderful week! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment