Monday, August 1, 2016

The Spirit is fluent in Portuguese

Healthy Sisters!
Evangelica is getting baptized this Sunday!!

When I first met her, I did not think she wanted the gospel. However, in the first lessons, Sister Gines bore one of her ground shaking testimonies, and Evangelica agreed to be baptized on the 7th. Each and every time she comes back to Irmao Miranda's house, she is different. It has been INCREDIBLE to watch her transform. She is so full of light, so happy!! That is the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ. She endured a week of headaches to give up coffee, and has been keeping each and everyone of the commitments we make. She is changing her life, and I am so so proud of her. Heavenly Father has given me the privilege of just feeling a bit of the infinite love He has for her.
I asked Ava to do a happy dance for me


Irmao Miranda asked me Saturday night to give a 10 minute talk the next morning at Church! I think that was the best talk I have ever given, English or Portuguese, because the words were not my own. I prepared ideas of what I wanted to say, and just began to speak. As I stood there, the Spirit taught my beloved ward about prayer, and I myself learned. I am never the teacher. What an incredible experience.

Irmao Noaldo came up to me afterward and scolded me, "I never want to here you apologize for your Portuguese again. You speak Portuguese. Excellently." That compliment touched me so deeply.

But I know if I were not a missionary, I would not be able to speak this language. The spirit is fluent in Portuguese. ;)

I have learned and experienced so much, but I have no more time. I love you all!

Sister Ludlam
The Ian House (Computer Lab)

No comments:

Post a Comment