Monday, November 7, 2016

Spunk Down

Hi Family!

This week was exhausting. Both Sister Souza and I were rather discouraged because we have been doing contacts all transfer and it just gets really old after a while. Rejection starts to wear your spunk down, you know?
BUT we are doing our part and are trying to always follow the Spirit so we can do what Heavenly Father wants done. It is still really hard to leave lunch everyday with the next 7 hours of just knocking doors.
BUT I am happy because I was afraid I would leave Sister Souza and her new comp here in Satelite with no teaching pool and that our efforts would amount to nothing, but we have a teaching pool! A tiny one, but it exists! We found Julia, Ricardo, and Maria Aparecida Saturday night and they are the most elate people I have ever met. So normal and intelligent and delightful. Julia is actually looking for a church right now and the more she hears the more excited she gets. She said as we left our first lesson “people clap outside our door all day and I usually never even open the door, and I said to my husband “looks like some missionaries are here” and I was busy and so was he but something said NO open the door.” I told her it was the Holy Ghost and she said “Yes! The Holy Ghost, that's exactly it!” They didn't go to church, which broke my heart in half,
BUT there's next week of course :)

We are teaching Jhonas, a very open and delightful man. He doesn't have much desire to follow commitments though. We are working on that. He doesn't understand yet what the restored gospel means in his life, how it changes and means EVERYTHING. We are teaching Pedro who is currently on vacation in Salt Lake, accepted a baptismal date. Doesn't like to read, we are working on that. :)

There is Felipe, of course. A few days ago he said to us, “Okay then, convince me and I will join your church.” Ohh, Felipe. A very complicated intelligent young man. Lots of potential. So I feel good because the Sisters will have some people with promise to teach.

This is my last week in Satélite and we are going to work harder than ever! I'm sorry that I won't be able to respond to any of your letters or write a week. This iPad has crashed so many times and it will crash the moment I ex out of this window.

Last week in Satelite.  I'm going to miss my home here,  but I'm ready to spread my wings.
sistee ludlam

No comments:

Post a Comment