Monday, October 17, 2016

Ava Sings "My Heavenly Father Loves Me"


This week was just wonderful. I am thoroughly EXHAUSTED, but it is so worth it because we saw many little miracles this week! People are just falling into our laps. :)

Highlights:

1. We are teaching Bel and her family and I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. They didn't come to church though, so we asked, "Why didn't you come?" She responded "I went to bed at 6 am." "Why?" "Someone crashed a car into the store next door in the middle of the night and robbed it." "Oh...that's a pretty good excuse actually."

A few seconds later the news comes on and, lo and behold, we see footage of the car smashing into the store. She then goes on to say "So I was reading the Book of Mormon, and I heard these strange, loud noises and thought about the Vision that boy had, and thought, 'COULD IT BE? AN ANSWER?' And then I realized the store next door was being robbed and put the book down." Sister Souza and I laughed and LAUGHED! Only in Sao Paulo!

2. We were teaching Bel again and a few of her friends were participating, too. She told them, "These girls are really special. Every time they've wanted to leave a message, the TV magically looses signal and the kids are quiet and pay attention. We always feel happier when they are here, there's just something different about them. Even my husband listened one time and READ A VERSE FROM THE BIBLE! Not even his cousin can get him to do that!" I just about melted when she said that! They really are changing and it makes me so happy :)

3. I'm pretty sure a tsunami hit Sao Jose this week because the streets turned into rivers. Another potential investigator says she's going to buy a raft because she still needs to go to work, haha! The only issue is that when buses pass us as we walk, we get hit by a massive wave. One time we got cornered as 5 buses passed us in a row and we futilely attempted to shield ourselves with an umbrella, but didn't work too well. :)

4. I had a nightmare and started talking in my sleep. It scared poor Sister Souza to death! I was super angry about something and kept saying "coisa fea, coisa fea!" I got out of bed and tried to open the window. It scared Sister so much that she yelled, "SISTER WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" to wake me up, and she couldn't fall asleep for the rest of the night. I felt so bad-- but its still pretty funny.

I am so happy and can't wait for another week of hard work and joy! I'm going to take a nap first though... ;)

Love,
Sister Ludlam

2 comments:

  1. There is beauty all around - in your singing, teaching, testifying, loving... even your sleeping ;->

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful! When it was done, Eva requested, "Again!" So off we go to enjoy at least one more time.

    ReplyDelete